[OpenAFS] Funding the formation of an OpenAFS Foundation

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:09:36 -0400

> I'd like to be able to respect IBM's wishes, but all I really have to go
> from is what I find in the LICENSE file.

You are able. People keep telling you and you keep seeking to second-guess.
Try harder: listen to what you are hearing.

> I think the Elders have done a
> fine job so far, but IBM is under no obligation to the Elders or any of
> us on whether or not they change their wishes on the use of the trademark.
>
> It seems like the only way for me to respect IBM's wishes is to use their
> code under the IPL, and change the name.

As things stand, today, that is probably true given your ends. I don't think
anyone has particularly tried to disguise that point, either.

> I was going to say if you don't like my attitude, then killfile my email
> address, but then I usually get damn good responses from you if it's some
> sort of obscure technical detail.

We support OpenAFS. It's that simple.

--
Derrick