[OpenAFS] Re: Salvage won't stop

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 28 Sep 2012 14:21:26 -0400

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2012 23:30:26 -0400
> Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> the sad thing is, that was my first guess. anyway, for future searchers,
>> see what FileLog.old tells you.
>
> Actually, I turned out to be wrong. I think this was due to ThisCell
> getting blanked, so we couldn't even open the conf dir, so we exit.
>
> I'm not sure to what degree this is worth fixing? We can't really
> proceed without that... although I suppose we could retry opening the
> conf dir in a sleep/retry loop, which is easy enough to do.
>
> Thoughts?

Unless we log and more importantly someone reads it, it's just
going to look like the fileserver is running but hung to someone
looking at a process list, and unresponsive to someone with a
wire "view" of it.

More simply, "still will suck".

Like if it's simple enough to do something, fine, but it's not really worth
any real effort (and i guess it's pretty simple to do something)

--
Derrick