[OpenAFS] Funding the formation of an OpenAFS Foundation

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:55:14 -0400

--------------enigAC544E7ADE6E36647BBF0FBB

On 9/29/2012 12:16 AM, Brian Sebby wrote:
> To Jeff, especially, I have to say this - you are one of the most talen=
ted
> programmers I have ever known, and I cannot thank you enough for the wo=
rk
> that you've put into OpenAFS.  I think it's no exaggeration that if you=

> hadn't come in and turned the Windows client from the unusable shape th=
at
> IBM had left it in to the IFS-based solid client that it is today, I
> would have had to either migrated off or greatly reduced what we use AF=
S for
> years ago.

Brian,

Thank you for the very kind words but the Windows client improvements
are not the result of my hand alone.  Asanka Herath, Peter Scott, and
Rod Widdowson, and others all deserve credit.  I might be persistent but
I certainly could not have improved the Windows platform alone.

Jeff