[OpenAFS] Server disk operations speed

Jukka Tuominen jukka.tuominen@finndesign.fi
Tue, 9 Apr 2013 21:09:23 +0300 (EEST)

Again numbers I'd be very happy with. Thank you for sharing them!

To simplify the problem, I will first concentrate on client/server issues
on the server machine only (appreciating the comments that the actual use
case needs to be optimized on a separate client eventually). This approach
also allows me to run the GA optimizer dealing with both client-side and
server-side parameters, or any parameters that can be reset dynamically
between test cycles, for that matter. BTW, I couldn't extent the token
lifetime from the current 10 hours, eventhough I thought I found the place
to redefine that. It would ease testing if anybody could advice on this.

I think I will next start chasing the data transfer path, and secondly
figure out how to reduce the latency should it be an issue in my setup.

Any new suggestions are highly appreciated.

br, jukka