[OpenAFS] Re: Server disk operations speed

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 16 Apr 2013 12:18:35 -0500

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 07:46:49 +0200
Staffan Hämälä <sh@ltu.se> wrote:

> I know the noatime option can give better performance, but can it be
> used on /vicepX partitions?

Yep.

> And will we get a performance benefit using it?

Yep.

Well, I'm not sure how noticeable it is; I don't think I've heard anyone
remark how much faster they noticed their fileserver is after doing
that, or a performance problem that was 'solved' by doing that. But our
performance benefits should be similar to any other application, since
we're just accessing files in /vicepX. Our performance bottlenecks may
tend to be elsewhere, or maybe I'm just used to people already running
with it turned on :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net