[OpenAFS] Re: Heimdal KDC bug mentioned in rekeying document

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:01:08 -0700

Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> writes:

> Agree. But you might want to know:

> Your slaves will abort() if you update a pricipal with the Heimdal
> kadmin shipped with modern Debian/Ubuntu That one was cut from some
> snapshot. To fix that you will need another patch. We have one, but
> that only fixes the abort in the slave code instead of the cause in
> the kadmind. I think I worte something about that on the Heimdal
> list and maybe I should dig out that thread again...

What type of update?  Because I'm doing lots of updates to 1.5.2 patched
with the patch I posted, using kadmin from 1.6~git20120403+dfsg1-3, and
having no trouble.

Or maybe it's another patch in the Heimdal 1.5 branch that's at fault?