[OpenAFS] Re: Help installing openafs-1.6.5 on sunx86: bosserver: fatal: libkrb5.so.1

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 23:18:53 -0500

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:35:50 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 12:17:08 -0500
> John Tang Boyland <boyland@pabst.cs.uwm.edu> wrote:
>
> > ld.so.1: bos: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openafs-1.6.5/root.server/usr/afs/bin/bos: symbol krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents: referenced symbol not found
> [...]
> > I'm seeing if perhaps this machine can be updated by those on the
> > ground (I'm trying to do this AFS administration from another
> > continent) but if not, I'll use  Douglas Engert's useful 'ldd' output
> > to try to find everything missing.)
>
> If you upgrade to the same version of Solaris as the machine you got
> libkrb5.so.1 from, that may not help. krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents is
> in libkrb5.so.1 for me, so I assume your libkrb5.so.1 is just too old.
> You either need to find a newer libkrb5 that has that symbol, or build
> from source on that machine. Or, I need to find an older Solaris box to
> build from and put up new binaries. Those binaries were built from
> Solaris 10 5/09 (update 7).

Okay, well, I tried this with a 10u4 machine, but the libkrb5.so.1 there
seems to have krb5_free_keytab_entry_contents, and the openafs.org
binaries run on it. How old is this libkrb5.so.1? Do you know which
release it's from, or what patch gave it to you?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net