[OpenAFS] Re: fileserver user CPS duration

Kim dhk@ccreinc.com
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:16:12 -0500 (CDT)

------=_Part_695_4469486.1377875772847

The fileserver has an argument that allows this to be set to a
number of hours.  The default is 2 (or at least was.)

The argument is:
[-hr <number of hours between refreshing the host cps>]

-bash-4.1$ strings /usr/afs/bin/fileserver  | grep built
@(#) OpenAFS 1.6.5 built  2013-08-22
-bash-4.1$ /usr/afs/bin/fileserver  -h
Usage: fileserver [-auditlog <log path>] [-audit-interface
<file|sysvmq> (default is file)] [-d <debug level>] [-p <number of
processes>] [-spare <number of spare blocks>] [-pctspare
vnodes>] [-vc <volume cachesize>] [-w <call back wait interval>]
[-cb <number of call backs>] [-banner (print banner every 10
minutes)] [-novbc (whole volume cbs disabled)] [-implicit <admin
mode bits: rlidwka>] [-readonly (read-only file server)] [-hr
<number of hours between refreshing the host cps>] [-busyat
<redirect clients when queue > n>] [-nobusy <no VBUSY before a
volume is attached>] [-rxpck <number of rx extra packets>] [-rxdbg
(enable rx debugging)] [-rxdbge (enable rxevent debugging)]
[-rxmaxmtu <bytes>] [-rxbind (bind the Rx socket to one address)]
[-allow-dotted-principals (disable the rxkad principal name dot
check)] [-vhandle-setaside (fds reserved for non-cache io [default
128])] [-vhandle-max-cachesize (max open files [default 128])]
[-vhandle-initial-cachesize (fds reserved for cache io [default
128])] [-vattachpar <number of volume attach threads> (default is
1)] [-L (large server conf)] [-S (small server conf)] [-k <stack
size>] [-realm <Kerberos realm name>] [-udpsize <size of socket
buffer in bytes>] [-sendsize <size of send buffer in bytes>]
[-abortthreshold <abort threshold>] [-nojumbo (disable jumbogram
network packets - deprecated)] [-jumbo (enable jumbogram network
packets)] [-sync <always | delayed | onclose | never>][-help]