[OpenAFS] Re: How to remove a bogus (127.0.1.1) server entry for readonly?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:20:14 -0600

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 10:10:27 +0100 (CET)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> If this should be catched by the "avoid 127/16 code path" then there
> must be a bug somewhere. My first guess would be host vs network byte
> order before even looking at the code.

A server advertising 127/16 should be prevented by this code, yes. And
it does seem to be; I haven't seen anything in this thread showing a
server advertising such an address. I explained earlier in the thread
how this situation can happen, and RT 131784 has some ways where the
code could be changed to avoid this kind of situation.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net