[OpenAFS] Re: How to remove a bogus (127.0.1.1) server entry for readonly?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:37:30 -0500

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 10:15 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Coy Hile <Coy.Hile@COYHILE.COM> writes:

> > Somewhat off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks that
> > Linux distributions doing this is utterly brain-dead?
>
> No.  I always argue vigorously against doing this sort of nonsense in
> Debian.

Yeah, this sort of thing is pretty terrible.  I understand why people
want to do it, but it breaks things pretty badly.  Fixing this has been
part of our standard (automated) OS install process for over a decade.

-- Jeff