[OpenAFS] Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 0000000000004f62

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:38:40 -0600

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 16:21:28 -0500
Marc Dionne <marc.c.dionne@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What filesystem are you using for your openafs cache?
> >>
> >> If you're using a weird filesystem for that, that might explain this,
> >> but to try and get more information:
> >

> > I am using a tmpfs filesystem.
>
> Ah, that would be the key here.  There is a problem with kernels 3.1+
> and Openafs if you use tmpfs to hold the cache.  There is a fix that
> will be part of the upcoming 1.6.6 release, but as far as I can tell
> it has not been included in 1.6.5 or 1.6.5.1.

This manifestation of this seems a bit odd, but yeah, that's it. The fix
is included in 1.6.6pre1, if you want to try that, and will also be in
the soon-to-exist 1.6.6pre2.

Or if you want to apply the specific patches that address it, these two
should do it:

http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=patch;h=7a40c83337cb4ff07646ea7c2cc0d6d98be94bff
http://git.openafs.org/?p=openafs.git;a=patch;h=86ce4dcac924440c29024906bfda89e8d6f030a7

--