[OpenAFS] missing root.afs on ceph vicepa (was: fs: You don't have the required access rights on '/afs')

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2013 12:33:38 -0600

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 10:16:25 +0800 (CST)
杭友春 <idealhang@163.com> wrote:

> I hava another problem.
> I want to build the openafs based on CEPH(another distributed file
> system,I mount the ceph on the /vicepa ).

I don't think anyone has tried using ceph as a /vicepX partition yet.
So, what you're doing is completely untested and may not work.

> It seems everything is
> OK,then power of openafs is off suddenly.I am sad to find that
> root.afs is missing from `vos listvol HOST`, the volume's .vol file is
> deleted by someone when I power on the openafs server,but VLDB keeps
> its information,I have to delete the entry of root.afs before "vos
> create root.afs" again.
> Have you ever done some same test?Do you have any solution about this
> problem?

After a power loss and after the server is turned back on, check
/usr/afs/logs/SalvageLog or /usr/afs/logs/SalvageLog.old after the
OpenAFS fileserver comes up. If there was an issue with the volume
because of the power loss, those should report what the problems were.

If those don't report anything, it seems likely that something else
deleted the volume header file, or it was lost because of the power
loss. There's not much OpenAFS can do about that.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net