[OpenAFS] Windows 8.1, SkyDrive and Roaming Profiles

Stephen Joyce stephen@physics.unc.edu
Mon, 1 Jul 2013 13:02:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> A university would not.

Why not?

> An organization that is supporting Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) cannot.

Is there a use case for roaming profiles in a BYOD environment?

(Not trying to troll; I don't support Windows currently but am always
interested in OAFS in an enterprise environment. I would assume if SkyDrive
can be turned off via GP, any institution with an articulated security
stance will do so.)

Cheers,
Stephen