[OpenAFS] Windows 8.1, SkyDrive and Roaming Profiles

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:43:07 -0700

Dave Botsch <botsch@cnf.cornell.edu> writes:

> What would be the suggested resolution from Microsoft?

> Any reason OAFSWin can't add support for these reparse points?

You can't do that only in the Windows client, at least if I'm
understanding the nature of reparse points correctly.  The AFS file server
would also have to be able to store the reparse point.  Think of it as
akin to a UNIX device file.  So this means new data structures available
inside AFS volumes, which has rather wide-ranging implementation effects.