[OpenAFS] Multi-homed server and NAT-ed client issues

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun@gmail.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:35:51 +0300

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 10:23 PM, Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

>> services:  `kaserver`, ....
>
> Please consider running a KDC (or use the KDC in your AD if you have
> one) instead of kaserver. kaserver is so last century.
>
> Harald.

    Yes... The `kaserver` thingy...  :)

    The problem is that when I've started using OpenAFS (for personal
purposes), the "stable" version was 1.4 (or at least what was labeled
"stable" in my distribution).  And at that time `kaserver` was simple
to install and manage, and I still use it today, mainly due to
laziness.  Moreover I only have a few users, thus migrating to a full
Kerberos stack seems like an overkill to me...

    On the same topic, are there any serious concerns related to
`kaserver`?  Or is it more related with other aspects (like say
scalability, integration, future, etc.)?

    Ciprian.