[OpenAFS] Re: enctype issues with Heimdal and debian for afs/cell

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2013 09:46:37 -0500

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:29:36 +0200
Gémes Géza <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:

> > Am I conflating error messages since I've configured neither the
> > client (besides whatever configuration debconf did on install) nor
> > the (da)fileserver yet?

The error message is complaining about the client config, yeah. In
general, I would just wait until after you've configured the client; you
need to have the client at least partially configured before you can
acquire tokens. But if you want to continue anyway:

> The problem seems to be that the client (even if it on same box) needs
> to know about the dbserver(s). You have two choices:
> 1. Add them to the /etc/openafs/CellServDB on each client,

If you go this route, you also need to tell the running client about the
new cell; it only reads the config files on startup. Either restart the
client after editing CellServDB, or run 'fs newcell' as root to tell the
running client about the new cell.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net