[OpenAFS] KdcUseReqEtype changed another problem occured...

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:20:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> On 7/27/2013 7:53 AM, Lars Schimmer wrote:
>> BUT on my laptop I get now this error:
>> PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MIT\Kerberos\bin> kinit lschimmer
>> Password for lschimmer@CGV.TUGRAZ.AT:
>> kinit.exe(v5): Ccache function not supported: read-only ccache type
>> while storing credentials
>> PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MIT\Kerberos\bin>
>
> You cannot use kinit with a MSLSA: cache.  Ticket granting tickets are

This is no longer the case with KfW 4.x.  However, there are lots of edge
cases and I would not recommend using KfW to write to the MSLSA: cache
unless you have a good reason to do so.

-Ben