[OpenAFS] Re: Removing stuff from /afs

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 11:25:05 -0500

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:01:54 +0200
Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:

> Could someone please remind me how to remove stuff from the /afs
> directory? I recently discovered an empty directory there, called:
>
>    /afs/.:mount
>
> Obviously it was created there by accident, probably by me. However,
> when I try to remove it I get:

/afs/.:mount is a special magic directory that can be used to refer to
specific volumes via a short path; it's briefly mentioned in the afsd(8)
manpage. You can't get rid of it.

Of course, it's possible you're on a platform or version, etc, where
that magic directory doesn't exist, and you did actually create such a
directory, but that would be quite a coincidence :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net