[OpenAFS] Re: MIT Kerberos des session key

John Sopko sopko@cs.unc.edu
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 08:25:54 -0400

Ok thanks for all the input. Seems pretty straight forward for MIT
kerberos. Note I updated my /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf encryption
types:

supported_enctypes = aes256-cts:normal aes128-cts:normal
des3-hmac-sha1:normal arcfour-hmac:normal

I had to restart the kadmin server, (a reload did not work), to get
the new encryption types while changing a password.
I tested ktadd on a test user and the only the above keys get created.

upgrade all servers to openafs 1.6.5
ktadd -k /tmp/rxkad.keytab afs/cell
cp rxkad.keytab to /usr/afs/etc/rxkad.keytab on all servers
restart all servers
keep KeyFile in place for a day or more then rename and touch CellServDB