[OpenAFS] Re: Building 1.4.15 on Solaris 10

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:26:36 -0500

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:00:32 -0400
Kendrick Hernandez <kendrick.hernandez@umbc.edu> wrote:

> I'm building on Solaris 10 1/13 with Solaris Studio 12.3, and using the
> following configure options:

1.4.15 included only security fixes, not platform support. The 1.4 tree
hasn't improved platform support in quite some time, so the client
kernel module won't build on newer Solaris. I can give you a patch for
this specific failure if you really want, but if you want to build on
newer Solaris, you should be building newer openafs (that is, 1.6).

If you don't care about the client, you can build with something like
'make dest_nolibafs', and it would be more likely to work.

[...]
> and the build fails in src/afs/SOLARIS/osi_vnodeops.c[1]. I've also
> tried building on an older release of Solaris 10 with a much older
> version of Sun Studio and get similar results.

Which older Solaris 10? Is it newer than the release of 1.4.14.1 (May
2011)?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net