[OpenAFS] Vagrant config and Puppet modules for Kerberos and OpenAFS

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:19:57 -0400

Hi everyone,

I wrote a couple of puppet modules and a vagrant config for trying out
OpenAFS. I made this for a presentation that I gave at the SouthEast
LinuxFest 2013 in Charlotte, NC. The code is rough and needs
improvement, but it does work. The vagrant setup is suitable for anyone
wanting to experiment with OpenAFS. You can have a working AFS cell on
Ubuntu Precise with two VMs (db server+file server, and file server)

The vagrant config allows you to set up a working test cell in 10 minutes.

Here is the code:

Vagrant setup for OpenAFS:
https://github.com/edgester/vagrant-openafs

Puppet module for Kerberos:
https://github.com/edgester/puppet-module-kerberos

Puppet module for OpenAFS
https://github.com/edgester/puppet-module-openafs

FYI, the demo rely on a couple of shell scripts and the afs-newcell and
afs-rootvol scripts from Debian/Ubuntu. I plan to eventually rework the
puppet modules to use hiera and a cleaner structure.

Feedback and pull requests are welcome.

Sincerely,
Jason