[OpenAFS] About cache persistence over reboot

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:58:29 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

On Jun 13, 2013, at 18:46 , nicolas prochazka wrote:

> Hello,
> Can someone explain me if afs cache client persists after =
restart/reboot of afsd
>=20
> Server : Linux Gentoo openafs 1.6.2
> Client : Linux Gentoo openafs last git 1.6.3
>=20
> - When I start my afsd cache, and copy some files, the cache grows up.
> - If I restart afsd ( /etc/init.d/openafs-client restart ) , my cache
> is recreate and only contains the primary directories.
>=20
> Is it a normal behavior ? the cache only persist during afsd running ?
> not after restart or reboot

that's a known bug in the 1.6.2 client, and it should be fixed in the =
upcoming 1.6.3 release.

In fact, the current 1.6.3pre3 prerelease, to be released as 1.6.3 next =
week, should have that fix applied. Any chance you could test this?

Best regards,
	Stephan