[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on ZFS

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:50:32 +0200

--raC6veAxrt5nqIoY

Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] OpenAFS on ZFS Date: Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 04:23:29PM=
 +0200 Quoting Harald Barth (haba@kth.se):
>=20
> > We deployed a ZFS on Linux server (on Scientific Linux) in the past wee=
k.
>=20
> Almost 3 month. CentOS 6.3. Production. I did not hear of any
> problems. So it so far looks better than any other stuff we have had
> before. Like HW-Raid5 and SW-Raid6 of different kinds.

I've been running ZFS on FreeBSD for my personal cell for several
years. No glitches, providing a 64-bit platform is used. (yeah, we're
talking about a personal cell, not a supercomputing centre...)
=20
Before that, I ran ZFS on Solaris with the fs being a zone with similar
absence of defects.=20

--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
If I am elected no one will ever have to do their laundry again!

--raC6veAxrt5nqIoY

--raC6veAxrt5nqIoY--