[OpenAFS] Re: Linux client, AFS homes, getcwd() failures, apparently deleted home directories

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:32:30 -0500

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:28:49 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Well, the only way to get more useful information out of this is to
> generate a vmcore of the machine while you're experiencing the
> problem, or to run the 'crash' command and examine the various
> in-memory structures with some specific commands. If you want to do
> something like that, please say so, and I or someone else can come up
> with the necessary info.

Er, to be clear, generating a vmcore means crashing/rebooting the
machine, and will contain sensitive/private/user information. Running
'crash' on a live system (with commands we give you) takes a little bit
of setup, but otherwise should not noticeably impact running processes.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net