[OpenAFS] Re: Change in volume status during vos dump in OpenAFS 1.6.x

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:14:10 -0500

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:50:43 -0400 (EDT)
Andy Malato <andym@oak.njit.edu> wrote:

> Are the max partition and volume size for each server and client
> version documented anywhere ?  We have attempted to search for this
> information but have not found it.

There are no such limits; a partition or volume can be any size
(provided the underlying storage on the fileserver can be that large).
Do you have any suggestions on where we could display this information?
You're not the first person to ask this.

The Windows client thing is a bug that has several requirements that
must be met in order to trigger it. One of those requirements just
happens to be that you are using a partition over 2TB.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net