[OpenAFS] Run file server without client?

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2013 22:30:43 +0100

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

Subject: [OpenAFS] Run file server without client? Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2013 =
at 07:56:20PM +0000 Quoting Brent Dunlock (Brent.Dunlock@asu.edu):
> Can you run a file server without also running a client?  In particular, =
could you run a server without running the kernel piece (i.e. kmod-openafs.=
=2E. or dkms etc.)?  My understanding is that the server does NOT need the =
kernel piece, but I would like to verify that.

None of my file servers have ever run the client. SOP once you stop
reading the original documentation ;-) Also, I ran FreeBSD for file
servers pretty early, because I am a BSD person, and in those days, no
kernel module existed in a runnable state for FreeBSD, so had to make do.

--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
Does someone from PEORIA have a SHORTER ATTENTION span than me?

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE

--bCsyhTFzCvuiizWE--