[OpenAFS] Unable transferring files larger than 2147483647 bytes with up on i386

Christian Biamont christianbiamont@gmail.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 15:32:03 +0100

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Simon Wilkinson
<simonxwilkinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 Mar 2013, at 18:01, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>
>> I suspect the correct solution is to add
>>
>>  #define _FILE_OFFSET_BITS    64
>>
>> to the appropriate src/config/param.*.h file for the platform in
>> question in the #ifndef UKERNEL section.
>
> The correct fix to this is to use the autoconf macro that checks for 64 b=
it file size support, and use that throughout. We've talked about this on a=
 number of occasions, but the impact on the fileserver (in particular) has =
made everyone too nervous to make the switch. We should probably do so, tho=
ugh, as it will solve a whole host of 64bit issues.

Thank you for your answers. I guess I will continue to use my 64-bit
built version of "up" until this feature is included in the main
repository.

Christian