[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.2 buserver + butc

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 16:38:55 -0500

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 15:22:29 -0400
Eric Sturdivant <sturdiva@umd.edu> wrote:

> Ok, I've got core+tcpdump files from the 3 buserver processes, as well
> as one of the butc processes. Anything in particular you are
> interested in seeing?

What I was after is the stack trace of all of the LWPs in the buserver
process. You cannot get at those easily, since LWP is a threading system
that is not understood by the debugger (dbx or gdb). That's kinda why I
was treating the 'core file' option as something where you give the core
file to a developer. Getting that information by providing instructions
to you makes this a bit more difficult... but is probably doable. I've
only done that a couple of times before, and it involved hex editing the
core file; it may be a bit easier with Solaris dbx, but I'll need a
little time to look into it.

If someone else has information on that handy or something, go ahead :)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net