[OpenAFS] Re: 1.6.2 compilation notes, Sol10

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:40:36 -0500

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 11:50:53 -0700
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> > Should we strip it out?
>
> Maybe; it might make sense to strip it after the fact (outside of the
> imported macros) when you know you're using Solaris cc.

So, another interesting thing on this. heimdal gives you .la files for
all of the various libraries, and on master, we build with libtool. So,
libtool uses the information in the .la files, which includes -pthreads,
so it always breaks no matter what we do with variables and krb5-config,
etc, beforehand.

I'm not sure if that means that for the purposes of master, we simply
cannot work around this? Or is there a way to tell libtool to ignore the
.la's? (It does work if I delete them.) Or do we tell people to get rid
of the .la's on their system? (As some places seem to recommend.)

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net