[OpenAFS] Making the R/O preference when crossing mount points configurable

Christof Hanke christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 10 May 2013 13:05:34 +0200

Hi Arne,

to be honest, I'm unsure what to think of it. I could be worthwhile in some circumstances and create
more confusion in others. But why not?

As for your general problem,
we've set up a special machine called "afsrw", where we mounted a special "root.cell.rw" volume, which has no RO-copies.
Like this, we are always in the RW-Path on that machine and can perform the "make install" into the RO-PATH.

Ciao,

Christof