[OpenAFS] openafs OSD

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Tue, 28 May 2013 10:09:13 +0200 (CEST)

> What's the current status of AFS-OSD? I've found a few presentations
> from 2009 and 2010, but nothing more recent.

I would be curious as well if someone uses it. We thought about it,
but don't.

As we kindof had to use dcache for the LHC stuff it was deemed to
labour-extensive to support dcache as well as AFS file access to the
data.

> Is there any, more recent, information on how to implement openafs/OSD
> to connect to TSM's HSM module?

I would _not_ involve the HSM module of TSM, as I think it introduces
an extra unnecesary level of complexity. It seems easier to use the
TSM API and its archive function to get tape storage functionality (as
done in dcache). I'm quite sure the folks from Ume' read this as well
and might want to comment.

Harald.