[OpenAFS] tapeconfig settings for LTO-5 tape drive

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue, 28 May 2013 14:39:23 -0400

On Tue, 28 May 2013 13:56:07 -0400
John Sopko <sopko@cs.unc.edu> wrote:

> According to the docs and the output from butc the max tape size
> in the /usr/afs/backup/tapeconfig file is 2TB. I set to 8TB and labeled
> a tape and it appears to be limited to 2TB as shown below.

There are a few afs_int32's hanging around in that code that should
probably should be afs_uint32's.  This would possibly double tape
capacity to 4TB without too much work I think.  A real fix for this
problem would require quite a bit more work.

> Tape blocks read in 10240 Byte chunks.
> Labelled tape <NULL> size 2147483648 Kbytes

Cleverly, this is reporting 2PB but I think the programmer meant bytes
here.