[OpenAFS] switching to DAFS and -showmounts

Mark Vitale mvitale@sinenomine.net
Fri, 31 May 2013 14:28:49 +0000

On May 31, 2013, at 9:58 AM, Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> =
wrote:

> On 5/31/2013 9:45 AM, Mark Vitale wrote:
>> forgot to copy the list on my reply to Ralf=85
>>=20
>>>=20
>>> I've recently encountered this myself.  It's a bug; the root cause is
>>> that in non-DAFS, the salvager only runs (and holds salvage.lock)=20
>>> during a salvage, but in DAFS, salvageserver is always running and=20
>>> always holds salvage.lock.
>=20
> At the moment the immediate questions are:
>=20
> 1. Is a patch forthcoming to permit dafs salvager to perform -showmounts
>   functionality?

We look to provide a patch after we've discussed the best way to fix this.

So far some ideas I've come up with are to either:=20

1. have the running salvageserver only obtain salvage.lock when it is "doin=
g something",
   and relinquish it during idle periods.

or=20

2. allow -showmounts (and maybe some other options as well) tor run
from the command line without obtaining the lock (or locking on a different=
 range,
perhaps).

--
Mark Vitale