[OpenAFS] Re: switching to DAFS and -showmounts

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 31 May 2013 10:50:47 -0500

On Fri, 31 May 2013 09:58:28 -0400
Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> wrote:

> 2. Should -showmounts be removed from "dasalvager" until it can be
>    supported and the man pages updated?

The option isn't completely broken, it just doesn't work for the
specific case of if you run it without specifying a volume id, and you
run it while the fileserver is running. If you specify an individual
volume or run it without a running dafs process, it works as before.

I do agree that we shouldn't be messing with the salvageserver salvage
lock, though. The salvaging code I believe currently just decides if it
gets a shared vs exclusive salvage lock depending on if you're running
something for a single volume or not. It should be able to get a shared
lock instead for the readonly-ish operations that don't actually salvage
anything, but there may be some more details to figure out that I'm
glossing over.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net