[OpenAFS] building swig based interfaces

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Sun, 01 Sep 2013 12:27:02 +0200

Hi,

I've decided to start a project for building a swig based python
interface for afs commands/functions. The advantage is that a swig
interface can be further used for creating interfaces for other
languages. Currently I know about only one limited python-afs interface
which calls the afs binary commands instead of implementing an interface
to the C code (https://github.com/openafs-contrib/afspy). On the other
hand the (to my knowledge) only interface: AFSPerl
(http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/NOG/AFS-2.6.3/) uses suboptimal
interfaces making it incompatible with 1.6.x and 64 bit
(https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2012-September/038684.html).

So if you can give me some pointers about where should I look in the
openafs source for the declaration of different functions? My first
guess would be the files in libadmin, but I'm probably wrong :-(

Thank you in advance!

Cheers

Geza Gemes