[OpenAFS] Where is krb_afslog_uid?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 01 Sep 2013 22:51:36 -0700

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> writes:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2013, shuaijie wang wrote:

>> But after I've installed openafs, I only found k_hasafs, k_pioctl,
>> k_unlog, k_setpag, and they work as expected, when I wan to call
>> krb_afslog_uid to set afs token for my process, I can't find this API
>> in any of the afs libs in my system.

>> Is there something wrong? Or should I install some other libs in order
>> to use krb_afslog_uid?

> That is a Heimdal API.

You can install Heimdal's libkafs if you want to use that API, but for
most purposes you can just call k_setpag() and then system("aklog") and it
works about as well.  It does mean a fork, and you have to be careful
about your Kerberos ticket cache to make sure aklog can read it, but it
lets aklog do all of its magic (including rxkad-kdf support, which Heimdal
doesn't have yet).