[OpenAFS] building swig based interfaces

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki@cern.ch
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 12:29:50 +0000

True. On the other hand you should consider that this is a generalised prob=
lem: I bet there are tons of system utilities around (perl,=85.) which dire=
ctly depend on this output. So practically speaking you are locked-in alrea=
dy.

In our case, all parsing is anyway factored out into one single place, so c=
hange may be managed reasonably well (if that change ever occurs - cf above=
). The applications don't parse any output directly but depend on the API w=
hich is also sufficiently high-level to be easily applied and understood as=
 it follows the same logic as the CLI that admins use with a shell.

kuba

--

On Sep 3, 2013, at 2:13 PM, chas williams - CONTRACTOR <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.m=
il>