[OpenAFS] Re: fileserver user CPS duration

stephen@physics.unc.edu stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:20:24 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew,

Thanks for the explanation.

The use case I was thinking of is exactly what you mention: revoking
someone's rights by removing them from a group. Right or wrong, users'
expectations seem to be "I removed a user from a group, s/he is immediately
denied access to the affected directories."

Being able to tell the user "changes to groups may take 1 (or 2 or
whatever) hours to take effect" is a reasonable compromise, but I'm not
sure 24 (or more) hours for tokens to expire is.

What's the 1.6.6 command to recalculate user CPSes, just for my
edification?

Cheers,
Stephen