[OpenAFS] Re: [ OpenAFS ] 1.6.x / module compilation / 3.11

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 3 Sep 2013 10:24:01 -0500

On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 08:28:12 +0200
nicolas prochazka <prochazka.nicolas@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
> it seems tha't https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=98474236f72e5a8b89c14cd7c74f0bb77a4b1a99
>  recent change
> cause openafs git tree module ( 1.6.x) does not comile anymore with kernel 3.11

(For the release-team, note that this is not related to the other 3.11
stuff; this is indeed new within the past few days.)

Nicolas, if you want to get going right this minute, it may work to just
go into src/afs/LINUX, and replace all instances of d_count with
d_lockref.count, and d_lock with d_lockref.lock. We'll get some autoconf
glue and such for openafs proper; I just mention that if you want
something in the meantime.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net