[OpenAFS] Re: git.openafs.org RSS/Atom feeds broken?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 04 Sep 2013 11:11:56 -0700

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> Well, if it's doing that because the pubDate in the RSS entry is older
> than 14 days, then you're going to see entries seemingly randomly
> disappear. You'll have to bring this up with your aggregator; file a bug
> with them.

> Or it's a bug in gitweb; I'm not familiar enough with RSS/Atom to know
> what it's supposed to be doing.

My understanding of the RSS standards is that this is a bug in gitweb.  It
should be using the commit date for the publication date, since that's the
date at which the entry was added to the feed.  The current behavior will
cause problems with a lot of aggregators, since pubdate is what's used to
decide whether an entry is new and should be aggregated.