[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS release-team] release-team jabber meeting August the 28th

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:00:06 -0400

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> On 09/10/2013 10:58 AM, Andrew Deason wrote:

>>> Why?  Does the master need to be able to TCP-Connect() to the slave?
>> No, the slave connects to the master. You (or someone behind the NAT)
>> just need to handle upgrading or fixing buildbot itself (or anything
>> else on the box) if it breaks or needs upgrading or whatever.

>>> Alas, that doesn't give me a good estimate of required network or cpu.
>>> For disk space I'm guessing the slave doesn't keep many builds around?
>> No, it doesn't keep any builds after they're done. You just need the
>> disk space for a single build, the git repo, and maybe a little bit for
>> logs and buildbot overhead. The latter I believe is very small compared
>> to any of the other items.
>>
> The entire disk partition that contains the buildbot master and slave
> is 6GB with ~3GB used.

Well, in that case, I have a VM server that I'm willing to leverage for
a few Fedora and/or CentOS slaves if you can use them.  I'm happy to
host and administer the slaves.  (Beyond just a few slaves might tax the
hardware too much, affecting the other VMs; the host is currently
memory-bound and extending the RAM is way expensive because it requires
8 sticks of DDR2).

-derek