[OpenAFS] Re: Fwd: Re: afs/cell transition procedure

Kendrick Hernandez kendrick.hernandez@umbc.edu
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:57:30 -0400

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:49:53 -0400
> Kendrick Hernandez <kendrick.hernandez@umbc.edu> wrote:
>
>> After examining the binaries to see that they were built with krb5
>> support, trussing the process and confirming it was opening
>> rxkad.keytab, it turns out that the server in question was at a much
>> lower patch level that the other two. After updating it, syncing is
>> working again.
>
> Do you mean for Solaris itself?

Yep.

> Do you know how old it was when you were
> having these problems? (sol10 update number, or last patch applied, or
> 'uname -v' or whatever you can find/remember)
>
> I'd just like to know what causes this, if I'm able to try and find out
> if we're just not compatible with a version, or if it's just a bug in
> their libkrb5 or something.

It was U2 with the 7/2013 CPU Patchset applied. "Generic_150401-01."

I saved the output of "showrev -a" before upgrading, if that would be helpful.

k-

--

: Kendrick Hernandez
: UNIX Systems Administrator