[OpenAFS] Re: [OpenAFS release-team] release-team jabber meeting August the 28th

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:59:20 -0400

Hi Jason,

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> We don't have a Fedora build slave, so that would be welcome. Would
> your VM server be able to handle multiple slaves building at the same
> time? In addition to the performance impact, I think that the group
> was divided on whether dissimilar buildslaves would be acceptable.

I think it depends whether it's CPU or I/O bound.  CPU sharing seems to
work pretty well.. I/O, however, seems to impact the system.  I have a
Win32 build server for GnuCash that runs and doesn't seem to cause
issues; I double building OpenAFS would be a major drain on system
resources.  I can always spool up one and see how it behaves.

> Here is a guide for setting up a buildslave:
> http://openafs-wiki.stanford.edu/BuildbotSlaveHowto/
>
> Here is a puppet module for installing buildbot, but it's only for
> Debian/Ubuntu at the moment:
> https://github.com/edgester/puppet-module-buildbot
>
> I'll have to configure any new slaves on the master before that can
> join the build pool.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Which Fedora version(s) would you like to see?

> Jason

-derek