[OpenAFS] how to tell if a dir resides in AFS volume?

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:56:30 -0400

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:27:57 +0200
Markus Koeberl <markus.koeberl@tugraz.at> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 September 2013 13:50:07 chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> > I suppose you could try an afs ioctl of some sort against the file, in
> > a script you might call 'fs listacl'.
>
> fs whereis returns 0 for afs paths, also for /afs if you use DYNROOT which is
> not the case for fs listacl on my system.

The `df' command will list filesystem types. For example, on linux you
can use the -T option.

   $ cd /afs/<somepath-in-afs>/
   $ df -T foo  # some file or dir in afs
   Filesystem    Type   1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
   AFS            afs     9000000         0   9000000   0% /afs

--
Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>