[OpenAFS] RHEL Yum Repositories

Bill Glick bglick@illinois.edu
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:23:47 -0500

What is the current status of supporting Yum repositories for RHEL?

In looking through archives, I see that the 1.4.x releases provided Yum =
repos, e.g. =
http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.14/openafs-repository-rhel-1.4.14-1.n=
oarch.rpm  But this appears to have been discontinued in the current =
1.6.x releases. There is repodata listed with the current releases =
(http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.5/rhel6/x86_64/repodata/), but I =
don't know how to make use of that.

We're currently installing OpenAFS on our RHEL/CentOS 6.x systems using =
the DKMS packages =
(https://wiki.ncsa.illinois.edu/display/ITS/OpenAFS+Install+via+RPM+for+RH=
EL+6) which is great for dealing with kernel upgrades.  I'm now trying =
to figure out a simpler way to keep our OpenAFS packages updated.  Any =
suggestions?

--=20
Bill Glick
NCSA - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign