[OpenAFS] RHEL Yum Repositories

Bill Glick bglick@illinois.edu
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:14:25 -0500

Thanks Dave.  I'd just come up with basically the same repo config file. =
 See =
https://wiki.ncsa.illinois.edu/display/ITS/OpenAFS+Install+via+RPM+for+RHE=
L+6 for the sample OpenAFS.repo file I'm using.

Note, the source repo that is referenced in 1.4.x repo configs no longer =
works with the 1.6.x releases.  There doesn't appear to be repodata =
being generated for the source of the 1.6.x versions.

On Sep 20, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Dave Botsch <botsch@cnf.cornell.edu> wrote:

> Hi.
>=20
> Yum repo config files that should allow you to install openafs 1.6.5
> from openafs.org can be found at:
>=20
> https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/CNF/Installing+AFS
>=20
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:23:47AM -0500, Bill Glick wrote:
>> What is the current status of supporting Yum repositories for RHEL?
>>=20
>> In looking through archives, I see that the 1.4.x releases provided =
Yum repos, e.g. =
http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.4.14/openafs-repository-rhel-1.4.14-1.n=
oarch.rpm  But this appears to have been discontinued in the current =
1.6.x releases. There is repodata listed with the current releases =
(http://dl.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.6.5/rhel6/x86_64/repodata/), but I =
don't know how to make use of that.
>>=20
>> We're currently installing OpenAFS on our RHEL/CentOS 6.x systems =
using the DKMS packages =
(https://wiki.ncsa.illinois.edu/display/ITS/OpenAFS+Install+via+RPM+for+RH=
EL+6) which is great for dealing with kernel upgrades.  I'm now trying =
to figure out a simpler way to keep our OpenAFS packages updated.  Any =
suggestions?