[OpenAFS] Ubik: Synchronize database with server 0.0.0.0 failed (error = 10029)

John Burns burns786@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2013 06:26:19 -0400

When my openafs server processes did their weekly restarts this Sunday=2C t=
hey have not been able to start up again. I have tried rebooting.=0A=
=0A=
Both PtLog and VLLog are filled with the following entries:=0A=
=0A=
Ubik: Synchronize database with server 0.0.0.0 failed (error =3D 10029)=0A=
recovery running in state 17=0A=
=0A=
Everything was working fine before the restart. I haven't made any configur=
ation changes in several years=2C and no major software changes that I thin=
k would cause this.=0A=
=0A=
I am not sure why the ptserver and vlserver are trying to synchronize with =
0.0.0.0=2C and search results for these messages as well as error 10029 hav=
en't yielded any useful information.=0A=
=0A=
I have a very simple setup=2C with one server afsserver1.local at 192.168.0=
.2=2C and I'm running stock Debian 1.6.5-1 amd64 openafs servers.=0A=
=0A=
% rxdebug 192.168.0.2 7003 -version=0A=
=0A=
AFS version: OpenAFS 1.6.5-1-debian built 2013-07-24=0A=
=0A=
% bos listhosts afsserver1.local=0A=
=0A=
Cell name is mshome.net=0A=
Host 1 is afsdb1.local=0A=
=0A=
% vos listaddrs=0A=
=0A=
vos: could not list the server addresses=0A=
u: no quorum elected=0A=
=0A=
Once or twice I have gotten vos listvldb to work=2C but mostly it gives me =
similar errors:=0A=
=0A=
% vos listvldb=0A=
=0A=
VLDB entries for all servers=0A=
Could not access the VLDB for attributes=0A=
u: no quorum elected=0A=
=0A=
I should note that I previously had two other servers which I have taken of=
fline several years ago after I migrated all of the volumes off of them=2C =
but I never removed their addresses from the VLDB. It's never been a proble=
m before=2C but I don't know if that's what's causing the problem now.=0A=
=0A=
I am totally puzzled at how to fix this problem. Any help to fix the proble=
m as well as figure out what caused it would be greatly appreciated.=0A=
=0A=
Thanks 		 	   		  =