[OpenAFS] Questions about multihoming servers

stephen@physics.unc.edu stephen@physics.unc.edu
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:04:57 -0400 (EDT)

I know I've played around with multihomed dbservers before, but it was long
ago, a different use case, on a different platform, and I had problems
then! :-\

[edit] I just checked rt.central.org and found my ticket. No update in 9
years. <https://rt.central.org/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=15640>

Anyway, I don't think I'm mis-reading the Admin Guide (but I concede that
what it says may be wrong!)

In any event, the QuickStartUnix guide also says they can be multihomed:
"It is best to maintain a one-to-one mapping between hostnames and IP
addresses on a multihomed database server machine..."

But I know all of the openafs docs are often out of date or downright
wrong, which is why I asked on the list.

As far as you know, is the "it doesn't work" definitive?

Cheers,
Stephen