[OpenAFS] Re: Authentication without aklog

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Tue, 5 Aug 2014 16:02:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Brandon Allbery wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-08-05 at 09:34 -0500, Douglas E Engert wrote:
>> A side question is can AFS use some other authentication
>> method other then Kerberos?
>
> Not yet. This is one of the things rxgk is supposed to address; we can
> then use any GSSAPI-provided service. (The Globus stuff included a
> minimal GSSAPI support mechanism with a number of shortcomings, IIRC.)

The GSS-API is not super-great about non-blocking operation.
The architecture of an auto-authentication daemon doing downcalls into
userspace for use with rxgk might be quite different from one for use with
rxkad.  I wonder which one would be a better use of Andrew's (or
whomever's) time.

-Ben