[OpenAFS] freezes acessing /afs/.git

Markus Köberl spsc-sysadmin@mlist.tugraz.at
Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:12 +0200

--nextPart15298825.87eDsvHyri

On Wednesday 06 August 2014 11:51:42 Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> On 8/6/2014 11:05 AM, Markus K=C3=B6berl wrote:
> > Should there not be at least one '.' after removing the one from th=
e begin included to make sense searching for a SRV record?
>=20
> DNS searchlists are used because sites often use the first component =
as
> an alias
>=20
>   /afs/athena/...
>=20
> is the same as
>=20
>  /afs/athena.mit.edu/...

So getting access to some wireless router and change the dhcp option fo=
r DNS searchlist is enough and the next one using for example git on a =
laptop with afs installed and running the -afsdb option will read the c=
ontents of my cell and interpret it as a repository... Hopefully nobody=
 is using -afsdb on a laptop or there is no application which can be us=
ed in such a way for bad things...

I think a switch to disable the usage of the DNS searchlist in this cas=
e would be fine?